No, you may cook with gas only. Wood is not required for the unit to operate. Ole Hickory Pits are primarily used for barbecue and smoking, but they may also be used as a convection oven for roasting.
- Are Ole Hickory Pits listed for sanitation, gas and electric?
- Can I install an Ole Hickory Pit indoors through a wall?
- Do I have to burn wood?
- Does the burner require L.P. or Natural Gas?
- How can Ole Hickory Pits reduce meat cost?
- How can Ole Hickory Pits save labor cost?
- How do I clean an Ole Hickory Pit?
- How do I know which model I need?
- How economical are Ole Hickory Pits to operate?
- How is temperature regulated?
- Is training required to operate an Ole Hickory Pit?
- What is the Ole Hickory Pits return policy?
- What about electrical requirements?
- What about safe operation?
- What do you mean by Wood Burning Barbecue Pits?
- What is a convection fan system?
- What is “Genuine Barbecue?”
- What types of wood can I use?
- Why should I buy an Ole Hickory Pit?
Do I have to burn wood?
Still can’t find what you are looking for?
Not into digging through FAQs? Reach out! We’re here to help.