This recipe will coat one boned deer hind leg and will also work for beef bison. For boned front shoulder leg, cut the recipe in half.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Ole Hickory Pits All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp celery salt or Jambalaya Seasoning
- Place your favorite cut of beef, bison or venison in the freezer to firm up the muscle tissue: Do not freeze solid.
- Cut meat into thin strips approximately 2” wide and 6 to 8” long.
- After all of the ingredients have been combined, gently mix the meat into the seasoning mixture to evenly distribute spices on meat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Toss the meat at intervals to remix spices and thoroughly marinate the meat.
- Coat racks with an even layer of cooking oil.
- Place individual strips of meat on racks, making sure to spread each piece out flat without overlapping.
- Preheat your Ole Hickory Pit smoker to 180˚.
- Place the fully-loaded rack into the smoker. Depending on thickness of meat, smoke meat for 2 to 4 hours until it is dry.
Quit Jerkin’ around-post it!
We would love to see your creation. Post your pictures and tag us on Instagram or Facebook!