- For example purposes, we chose a St. Louis Rib.
- Remove any unwanted fat.
- Turn the rib over and remove the thin membrane that covers the back of the ribs by taking a rounded knife and inserting it between the membrane and the bone.
- Lift the knife until it has been worked under the membrane, all the way to the top of the rib. Keep lifting to loosen the membrane so that you can grab it and pull it off.
- Season the rib with your favorite Ole Hickory Pits All Purpose Seasoning on both sides.
- This rib is ready to smoke in your Ole Hickory Pit.
- We smoked these ribs with hickory for 4 hours and 45 minutes at 225˚.